Challenging Members Through Community Involvement
The mission of the Ambassadors Committee is to aid the Membership department in welcoming new members, retaining existing members, and to support the mission of the Sierra Vista Area Chamber. This committee represents the ultimate in networking opportunities. The group is comprised of business owners and managers who meet once a month and act as the hosts for the Chamber Ribbon Cuttings and special events.
The plan of work includes:
- Plan and carry out the Annual Home and Business Expo with an emphasis on the Shop Local Campaign.
- Facilitate and coordinate the Large and Small Business of the Year awards.
- Assist Chamber in the organization of the Annual Holiday Parade in December.
- Promote the Shop Local Campaign.
The mission of this committee is to monitor, identify and advocate for legislative or governmental actions that serve the interests of the Chamber members, and support the long-term economic viability of the greater Sierra Vista area.
Leadership Sierra Vista is a community leadership program developed by the Chamber. The purpose of Leadership Sierra Vista is to:
- Identify community leaders of diverse backgrounds.
- Develop their potential and nurture their roles of leadership in the community.
- Expose up-and-coming leaders to the problems and opportunities that face the Sierra Vista Area.
- Build a realistic understanding of leadership roles in today’s complex society.
- Open a dialogue between emerging and current community leaders.
- Familiarize up-and-coming leaders with some of the processes, programs, opportunities, and challenges for individual involvement in the community.
The mission of this committee is to enhance liaison, communications, and support between the Sierra Vista Area Chamber and Fort Huachuca, thereby, improving the relationship to our combined civilian and military community. This committee also gives businesses the opportunity to recognize the hard work of the service men and women on Fort Huachuca during the monthly M.A.C. Luncheon, and it also provides support to the Fort’s annual awards banquet.
“To promote the entrepreneurial spirit by providing education and support for the challenges of today’s local small businesses. To foster an atmosphere of prosperity within our business community.”
Are you a small or home based business owner and Chamber member? Join the Sierra Vista Area Chamber of Commerce’s Small Business Committee. This group will: focus on workshops that will appeal to Small Business Owners.
The Small Business Committee meets the second Tuesday of the month at 11:00 am in the Chamber’s Cox Resource Room. Bring your brown bag lunch and join us!