Proudly Sponsored by:
- Identify community leaders of diverse backgrounds.
- Develop their potential and nurture their roles of leadership in the community.
- Expose up-and-coming leaders to the problems and opportunities that face the Sierra Vista area.
- Build a realistic understanding of leadership roles in today’s complex society.
- Open a dialogue between emerging and current community leaders.
- Familiarize up-and-coming leaders with some of the processes, programs, opportunities and challenges for individual involvement in the community.
The Chamber Leadership Program fosters a sense of commitment to our local community and builds a diverse network of businesspeople. Every year, the Sierra Vista Area Chamber of Commerce takes up-and-coming business people and sends them back to school. The subject is Sierra Vista’s economy, resources and challenges.
Upon graduation, the program has created a diverse group of individuals with a renewed commitment to Sierra Vista, with the skills, contacts and information to turn commitment into action. The Leadership Program is designed to help business people become more active in the community by becoming volunteers and participating in local government.
The Leadership Program is limited to 20 participants and anyone can apply. The Leadership Program benefits the individual participant, their employer and the community as a whole.
Leadership Sierra Vista Testimonials:
“The program as a whole, provided me with a wealth of information to share with my friends and clients. Most importantly, I have such an appreciation for the individuals in all the areas that work hard to make our community a better place to live.” – Katherine Zellerbach, Long Realty.
“It gave me great insight to areas I either took for granted or didn’t know existed. I am more knowledgeable on issues that are going on in/around my community and the more you know about your community the better citizen you can become.” – Diane Ricks, METI
“The whole experience was wonderful. It provided me a better perspective on how important it is to be involved in our community. I am able to truly explain the program with much more enthusiasm and knowledge to our Chamber members.” – John C. Hargraves III, Sierra Vista Chamber