The Sierra Vista Area Chamber has had a long history of advocating on behalf of its members and the wider business community. One of our top priorities is to represent the interests of our businesses and that is a subject we have given some detailed thought to just lately. Earlier this month the Board of Directors held its annual planning session. The purpose of this four hour retreat was to look at how the Chamber can improve the service it provides to its members, how it can better advocate … [Read More...]
What your Chamber has done in the last 7 days:
• Finalized plans for the 2012-13 Leadership Sierra Vista graduation and started planning for the 2013-14 program. Applications will be available soon.
• Visited Chamber members in Bisbee during the Business at Twilight hosted by Bisbee After 5. We were joined by more than 50 members from Sierra Vista.
• Hosted ribbon cuttings with our Ambassadors at Southwest Coins and Midas
• Met with the Small Business Development Center to plan a business seminar on July 30 on the Affordable Healthcare Act - details coming soon.
• Attended the City of Sierra Vista council work session on future economic development strategies.
• Took our Leadership group to Fort Huachuca to learn about the challenges and opportunities facing the installation.
• Welcomed new member: Studio 4 Tattoo