Leadership Sierra Vista 2013 – 2014
Applications now being accepted!
What is Leadership Sierra Vista?
Leadership Sierra Vista is a community leadership development program of the Sierra Vista Area Chamber. Its purpose is to:
- Identify community leaders of diverse backgrounds;
- Develop their potential and nurture their roles of leadership in the community;
- Expose up-and-coming leaders to the problems and opportunities that face the Sierra Vista area;
- Build a realistic understanding of leadership roles in today’s complex society;
- Open a dialogue between emerging and current community leaders;
- Familiarize up-and-coming leaders with some of the processes, programs, opportunities and challenges for individual involvement in the community.
Leadership Sierra Vista 2013 - 2014 Sponsored by:
McDonalds, SSVEC, Wayland Baptist University and Wells Fargo Home Mortgage
Business at Twilight-Windemere
Leadership Sierra Vista
What your Chamber has done in the last 7 days:
• Held an Ambassador's meeting to discuss future events.
• Mailed our monthly newsletter, "The Chamber Vista" to 624 members.
• Updated our website with pictures, video and information for Leadership Sierra Vista 2014.
• Prepared for Leadership Graduation-June 19th, Business at Twilight-June 13th and First Things First Ribbon Cutting-June 14th.
• Welcomed new member: Baby Boot Camp
These are exciting times for our business community. While sequestration still looms like a dark cloud over future Federal spending, there are other positive developments elsewhere that could bring a welcome boost to the local economy. Earlier this month our board chairman Michael Benson and I attended a breakfast in Tucson hosted by Rosemont Copper, which is planning to open a mine at a location off the Old Sonoita Highway, between Sonoita and Interstate 10, 30 miles southeast of … [Read More...]